- Demographic change – an explanation
- Regional differences in future population trends in Germany
- Causes of demographic change
- Challenges posed by demographic change
- Action strategies for areas with different structures
- Concluding remarks
Demographic change is having a significant impact on societal trends in Germany. From a spatial perspective, the focus is on the equivalence of living conditions and thus on safeguarding the provision of public services. Demographic change impacts different areas in different ways, requiring approaches to action to be tailored to the specific circumstances of each locale.